Search API Connector Documentation
Import Financial Modeling Prep Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Financial Modeling Prep API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
Financial Modeling Prep actually provides their own Sheets extension, so you can try that out if you like (here's the link). API Connector has many unique and powerful features for working with any API (not just Financial Modeling Prep), so you may find one or the other better suited to your needs.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Financial Modeling Prep API key
- Part 2: Pull Financial Modeling Prep API Data into Sheets
- Part 3: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Financial Modeling Prep API Key
- If you haven't already, create an account at https://financialmodelingprep.com/register.
- Once you're logged in, navigate to the dashboard (or just click this link to go there directly).
- Click the API Keys link in the sidebar and you'll see your API key on the right. Keep this handy as we'll need it for all requests. You now have access to the FMP API!
Part 2: Pull Financial Modeling Prep API Data into Google Sheets
For this example request, we'll fetch key metrics for a stock symbol (AAPL). Substitute in your own API key in place of your_API_key.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run.
To get more data, just copy and paste any of the URLs shown in their API documentation.
Official API documentation: https://site.financialmodelingprep.com/developer/docs