Search API Connector Documentation
Import Todoist Data to Google Sheets
In this tutorial we will show you how to use the Todoist API with Google sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
We will first register to the website to get a personal token and then set up some requests to pull and push data to and from the API.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Your Todoist-API API Token
- Part 2: Pull Todoist API data into Sheets
- Part 3: Post Data to Todoist
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Todoist API Token
- Navigate to https://todoist.com/prefs/integrations
- You will see your personal API token, as depicted in the picture below. That's it, click to save it.
Part 2: Pull Todoist API Data into Google Sheets
For this example, we'll get a list of projects.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Give a name to your request and click Run. You should be able to see the pulled data.
Part 3: Post Data to ToDoist
To create a project in Todoist use the following settings. Substitute in your own token and project name.
- Request URL:
- Request body:
After you send this request, you should immediately be able to see your created project.
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developer.todoist.com/rest/v1/#overview