Search API Connector Documentation
Import TikTok Data to Google Sheets (ScrapTik)
In this guide, we will walk through how to pull data from TikTok to Google Sheets, using the ScrapTik API from RapidAPI and the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
ScrapTik is a service that scrapes public data out of TikTok and packages it into an API, and RapidAPI is the marketplace which provides access to ScrapTik (and thousands of other APIs). Fetching data this way is quite a bit easier than fetching it from the official TikTok API.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Subscribe to the ScrapTik API
- Part 2: Create your API Request
- Part 3: Pull TikTok API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: Notes
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Subscribe to the ScrapTik API
- Create an account at RapidAPI and log in. While logged in, navigate to the ScrapTik API located at https://rapidapi.com/scraptik-api-scraptik-api-default/api/scraptik/
- Click Subscribe to Test
- You will now see a list of pricing plans. Click Subscribe on plan for which you'd like to subscribe.
- Whichever plan you choose (even the free one), you'll need to enter your credit card details at this point, and can then return to the list of endpoints.
Part 2: Create Your API Request
- Available endpoints are listed in the lefthand sidebar. Select an endpoint, e.g. Get User.
- In the center section, scroll down and fill out any parameters of interest. For example, under Get User, you can enter a username.
- Now click the Code Snippets tab, and choose
(Shell) cURLfrom the dropdown. Click Copy Code to grab the entire curl snippet; we'll use that next.
Part 3: Pull TikTok API Data into Sheets
We can now enter this cURL snippet into API Connector using API Connector's cURL import tool.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Import/Export > Import cURL
- Paste in the cURL snippet we retrieved above. Click Import.
- You'll see the entire request pre-configured in the sidebar.
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see the response from the unofficial TikTok API appear in your sheet.
Part 4: Notes
- If you want to grab the associated images, you can use Google Sheets' native IMAGE() function.
- Play around with the endpoint list in the left pane in RapidAPI to retrieve other information like expiring releases, country IDs, title details, etc. Each time you click an endpoint, the new URL will appear in the code snippet box, where you can copy and paste it into API Connector.
- RapidAPI offers thousands of APIs on their platform, for all different categories and interests, so check out their other APIs too.
Part 5: API Documentation
ScrapTik TikTok API documentation: https://rapidapi.com/scraptik-api-scraptik-api-default/api/scraptik
2 thoughts on “Import TikTok Data to Google Sheets (ScrapTik)”
ScrapTik is too much expensive and have a poor support you can took a look on discussions). I found an alternative from https://rapidapi.com/blog/most-popular-api/
I'm not familiar with their reviews, and I only used their free plan, but I agree there are a lot of alternatives listed here: https://rapidapi.com/search/tiktok. Let me know if you find one you like better and I can update the article.