Import Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Google Sheets. We’ll first get an API token from VWO, and then set up a request to pull in AB test details from your VWO account to your spreadsheet.
- Step 1: Get your VWO Data API token
- Step 2: Create your API Request URL
- Step 3: Pull VWO API Data into Sheets
STEP 1: GET YOUR VWO DATA API TOKEN
VWO requires that all API requests contain an API token. This is the step-by-step process to get your VWO API token.
- Log in to your VWO account and click the ‘Developers’ tab in the footer
- From the VWO Developer Dashboard section, click on the Tokens tab
- Click on Add another API token
- Enter the token name, select the permission type and click “GENERATE”. This will produce your API token. Congrats, you can now make API requests! Copy it to your clipboard as we’ll need it shortly:
STEP 2: CREATE YOUR VWO API REQUEST URL
- VWO base URL: https://app.vwo.com/api/v2/
- Endpoint: /accounts/YOUR_ACCOUNT_ID/campaigns/YOUR_CAMPAIGN_ID
Endpoint example: /accounts/12345/campaigns/13
Putting it all together, we get the full API Request URL:
Just substitute in your own values for YOUR_ACCOUNT_ID and YOUR_CAMPAIGN_ID, which you can find as follows:
- Account ID: check the top of the page while logged in to your VWO account:
- Campaign ID: click into the test you’re interested in and check its ID in the URL:
STEP 3: PULL VWO API DATA INTO SHEETS
We’re now ready to enter all our values into API Connector to start importing VWO data into Google Sheets.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Add-ons > API Connector > Open.
- In the Create screen, enter the Request URL we just created. Add the API token from part 1 into the Headers section, using a key-value pair like this:
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see VWO data populate the the VWO tab: