Search API Connector Documentation
Import Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we'll walk through how to pull data from the Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Google Sheets.
We’ll first get an API token from VWO, and then set up a request to pull in AB test details from your VWO account to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Your VWO Data API token
- Part 2: Get Your Account & Campaign IDs
- Part 3: Pull VWO API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your VWO API Token
VWO requires that all API requests contain an API token.
- Log in to your VWO account and click the Developers tab in the footer
- From the VWO Developer Dashboard section, click on the Tokens tab
- Click on Add another API token
- Enter the token name, select the permission type and click GENERATE. This will produce your API token. Congrats, you can now make API requests! Copy it to your clipboard as we'll need it shortly:
Part 2: Get your Account & Campaign IDs
Requests to VWO's API will require a few IDs so let's collect them now:
- Account ID: check the top of the page while logged in to your VWO account:
- Campaign ID: click into the test you're interested in and check its ID in the URL:
Part 3: Pull VWO API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll fetch all the data about a specific VWO campaign running in your account.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Under Output options, set the report style to compact. This isn't necessary, but makes the output a bit easier to read.
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see VWO campaign data populate your sheet.
Note: by default, the VWO API returns a ton of columns. You can clean it up and simplify by filtering out fields in the field editor, or by entering a JMESPath expression, e.g.
_data.goals to filter for just the data in the
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developers.vwo.com/v3/reference