Import Omnisend Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Omnisend API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
We'll first get an API key from Omnisend, and then set up a request to pull in data to your spreadsheet.
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Omnisend API Key
- Sign in to Omnisend and navigate to the API key section by clicking https://app.omnisend.com/#/my-account/integrations/api-keys or follw the steps in a & b below.
a. Navigate to the Store Settings by clicking on the dropdown at the top right corner, then click on the Store Settings option that appears in the drop down.
b. Navigate to the API keys section by clicking on the API keys option from the menu on the left pane of the Store settings page.
- In the API keys page click on the Create API key button.
- On the interface that opens up, type in a name for your application and click on the Create API key button at the bottom right corner of the page
- Copy and keep seurely the API key that is generated.
- Once you have your API token, you're all set! You can now connect to Omnisend's API
Part 2: Pull Omnisend API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll get a list of Orders
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- X-API-KEY: your_api_key
- accept: application/json
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see Omnisend order details populate your sheet.
Part 3: More Example API URLS
Part 4: Handle Pagination
- Omnisend limits the number of records returned on a response, such that not all records will be returned unless you page through data using the
limitparameter, as shown in their documentation. The default limit per page is 100, but you can set a different value up to a maximum of 250.
- With API Connector you can loop through these URLs automatically with next page url pagination handling (paid feature), like this:
- Pagination type:
next page URL
- Next page path:
- Run until: choose when to stop fetching data
- Pagination type:
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://api-docs.omnisend.com/reference