Search API Connector Documentation
Import Coda Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Coda API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
We'll first get an API key from Coda, and then set up a request to pull in data to your spreadsheet.
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Coda API Key
- Sign in to Coda and navigate to the Account Settings by clicking on the Profile icon at the top right corner, then click on the three dots that appear in the drop down and select Account settings (or click here: https://coda.io/account)
- Scroll down to the API SETTINGS section and click Generate API token.
- A modal to set token name and set restrictions will be open. Give your token name and if you want to set special restrictions configure that in the Add a restriction section.
- Click on Generate API Token a new token will be generated and it will appear in your list of token, click on Copy token and copy the token to your clipboard.
- Once you have your API token, you're all set! You can now connect to Coda's API.
Part 2: Pull Coda API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll get a list of Coda docs
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see Coda data populate your sheet.
Part 3: More Example API URLS
https://coda.io/apis/v1/docs/<doc ID>/tables/<table ID>/columns
https://coda.io/apis/v1/docs/<doc ID>/tables/<table ID>/rows
Part 4: Handle Pagination
- Coda limits the number of records returned on a response. By default, not all records will be returned unless you page through data as shown in their documentation.
- With API Connector you can loop through these URLs automatically with cursor pagination handling (paid feature), like this:
- Pagination type:
next page URL
- Next token parameter:
- Run until: choose when to stop fetching data
- Pagination type:
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://coda.io/developers/apis/v1