Search API Connector Documentation
Import Spotify Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull Spotify music data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Connect to the Spotify API
- Part 2: Pull Data from Spotify to Sheets
- Part 3: Create a Custom API Request
- Part 4: More Example API URLs
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Connect to the Spotify API
The easiest way to get started with the Spotify API is through API Connector’s built-in integration.
- Select Spotify from the drop-down list of applications
- Under Authorization, click Connect to Spotify
- You will be directed to spotify.com and asked to authorize the connection. Click Agree.
- You'll then be returned to your Google Sheet, and can verify that your Spotify connection is active.
Part 2: Pull Data from Spotify to Sheets
Now that we’re connected, let’s pull some data into Sheets.
- Under Endpoint, choose
/searchto search Spotify's catalog of music.
- Fill out the required
typeparameters to indicate your search query and the type of resource to search.
- Select a destination sheet, name your request, and click Run.
Part 3: Create a Custom API Request
Alternatively, you can create a custom request instead of using API Connector’s built-in integration, using any of the endpoints and parameters shown in the API documentation.
To create a custom request, add the complete URL into the request URL field, and choose Spotify from the OAuth menu.
To easily convert from a preset request to a custom API URL, tick the Add request URL box before running your preset request (under Output options). This will print out your complete API URL, which you can then copy/paste into the request URL field.
Part 4: API Documentation
To see more API endpoints and example responses, check out the Spotify Web API reference located at https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference
To view/disconnect API Connector on Spotify's side, navigate to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/.