Search API Connector Documentation
Import Okta Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull Okta's API data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
We'll first get an API token, and then set up a request.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get your Okta API Token
- Part 2: Pull Okta API Data into Sheets
- Part 3: Handle Pagination
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Okta API Token
- While logged in to your Okta dashboard, navigate to Security > API from the top navigation bar.
- From the API menu, click Tokens, and then click Create Token.
- Give your token a name and click Create Token
- You will now be presented with your token. Congrats, you now have access to the Okta API! Copy this value and keep it handy as you'll need it in a moment.
Part 2: Pull Okta API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll get a list of users in your organization. Substitute your own domain and token into the request.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see a list of your Okta users populate your Google Sheets.
Part 3: Handle Pagination
Note that the Okta API limits the number of records returned in each request. By default, only the first page of records will be returned, and each page contains a limited number of records. To access more than 100 records, use the "limit" and "after" parameters as described in the documentation.
Okta provides the full next page URL in the Link header, so you can run through these URLs automatically with pagination handling (paid feature), like this:
- Pagination: next page URL
- Next page path: Link
- Run until: choose when to stop fetching data
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developer.okta.com/docs/reference/#core-okta-api