Search API Connector Documentation
Import Help Scout Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Help Scout Mailbox API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
The Help Scout Mailbox API only allows connecting through OAuth, so we'll first set up a connection and then set up a request to pull in data to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Your Help Scout OAuth Credentials
- Part 2: Connect API Connector to Help Scout
- Part 3: Get Help Scout Mailbox Data in Sheets
- Part 4: More Example API URLs
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Help Scout OAuth Credentials
- Sign in to Help Scout and navigate to your Profile by clicking on the Profile avatar at the top right corner, then click on the Your Profile link that appears in the drop down.
- On the user profile page, click on My Apps in the menu within the left pane and then click on Create My App
- Give your App a name and paste API Connector's redirect URL, which is provided here. Click Create
- A new page will open containing the credentials of your created App, click on Save to save the new App.
Part 2: Connect API Connector to Help Scout
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Manage Connections
- Scroll to the bottom of the sidebar and click Add Custom OAuth
- Fill in the Custom OAuth modal as follows:
Custom Help Scout
- Authorization Base URL:
- Token URL:
- Client ID: provided by Help Scout
- Client Secret: provided by Help Scout
- Click Save
- Click Manage Connections to return to the list of connections
- Scroll down until you find your new custom connection. Click Connect
- You'll be prompted to give access to the new app you created above. Click Authorize
- You'll be returned to your sheet and can verify that the new connection is now active.
Part 3: Get Help Scout Mailbox Data in Sheets
To create a request, include your full request URL in the request URL field, and select your custom Help Scout connection from the dropdown OAuth menu.
You can see the full list of available endpoint and parameters in the API documentation. For example, to get a list of conversations, configure it as follows.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following
- Request URL:
- In the Output Settings click Set Current to choose the current sheet as the destination sheet for your data or manually type in the sheet name. Also, select a cell as the starting point.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see Help Scout Mailbox data populate your sheet.
Part 4: More Example API URLS
- To get a list of all customers:
- To get a list of all conversations:
- To get a list of all mailboxes:
- To get a list of all users:
- To get a list all teams:
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developer.helpscout.com/mailbox-api/endpoints/conversations/list/