Search API Connector Documentation
Import Alpha Vantage Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Alpha Vantage API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets. Alpha Vantage is an excellent financial data API providing data for stocks, commodities, forex, and cryptocurrency.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Your Alpha Vantage API Key
- Part 2: Pull Alpha Vantage API Data into Sheets
- Part 3: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Alpha Vantage API Key
- Navigate to https://www.alphavantage.co/ and click Get Your Free API Key Today
- Fill out the form and click Get Free API Key
- You should now see your key. Keep it handy as you'll need it in a moment. Congrats! You're now ready to use the Alpha Vantage API.
Part 2: Pull Alpha Vantage API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll get a list of income statements for TSLA. Substitute in your own key.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see data populate your sheet.
Check the documentation for other available data. Alpha Vantage's documentation provides example request URLs for each of their eight data categories: Core Stock APIs, Alpha Intelligence, Fundamental Data, Forex (FX), Cryptocurrencies, Commodities, Economic Indicators, Technical Indicators.
Part 3: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://www.alphavantage.co/documentation/