Search API Connector Documentation
Import BambooHR Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the BambooHR API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
We'll first get an API key from BambooHR, and then set up a request to pull in human resources data to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get your BambooHR API Key
- Part 2: Pull Data from BambooHR to Sheets
- Part 3: Create a Custom API Request
- Part 4: Handle Pagination
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your BambooHR API Key
- While logged into your BambooHR account, click your Profile icon > API keys from the header bar.
- Click the Add New Key button
- Give your API key a name and click Generate Key.
- One last step: Because the BambooHR API requires Basic Authentication, we need to encode our authentication info to base 64. You can do this by entering your your credentials in the format
YOUR_API_KEY:xinto this form (i.e. your API key, then a colon, and then an 'x').
The encoding script runs in your browser, and none of your credentials are seen or stored by this site.
Part 2: Pull Data from BambooHR to Sheets
The easiest way to get started with the BambooHR API is through API Connector’s built-in integration.
- In Sheets, open API Connector and create a new request (Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request)
- Select BambooHR from the drop-down list of applications
- Under Authorization, enter your credentials from above, with the word Basic in front.
- Choose an endpoint of interest.
- Fill in the
companyDomainparameter. You can get your domain name from the URL when you're logged into BambooHR.
- Select a destination sheet, name your request, and hit Run.
Part 3: Create a Custom API Request
Alternatively, you can run your own custom requests instead of using API Connector’s pre-built integration, using any of the URLs shown in the API documentation. Here's an example request setup:
- Request URL:
Part 4: Handle Pagination
By default, BambooHR will return 50 records at a time. To get more, use pagination handling (paid feature):
- Pagination type:
- Page parameter:
- Run until:
choose when to stop fetching data
Part 5: API Documentation
Official documentation: https://documentation.bamboohr.com/reference