Import Etsy Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Etsy API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets. We’ll first get an API keystring from Etsy, and then set up a request to pull in product data from Etsy to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Etsy API Keystring
- Part 2: Create your API Request URL
- Part 3: Pull Etsy API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: Handle Pagination
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
PART 1: GET YOUR ETSY API KEYSTRING
- Log in to Etsy and create a developer account here: https://www.etsy.com/developers/register
- In the left-hand sidebar click Create a New App
- Fill out the information requested and click Create App.
- You should now see a page containing your Etsy Keystring. Keep this handy as you’ll need it in a moment. Congrats! You’re now ready to use the Etsy API.
PART 2: CREATE YOUR API REQUEST URL
We’ll first set up a pull to view a shop’s listings. This can be any public shop on the Etsy platform.
- Base URL: https://openapi.etsy.com
- Endpoint: /v2/shops/SHOP_NAME/listings/active
- Query string: ?api_key=YOUR_KEYSTRING
Putting it all together, we get the full API Request URL:
PART 3: PULL ETSY API DATA INTO SHEETS
Now let’s add our URL into API Connector and import Etsy data into Google Sheets.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Add-ons > API Connector > Open.
- In the Create Request tab, enter the Request URL we just created
- We don’t need any headers so just leave that section as is. We don’t need extra authentication either so just leave Authentication as None.
- Create a new tab and click ‘Set current’ to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see Etsy data populate your Google Sheet.
PART 4: HANDLE PAGINATION
By default, Etsy limits results to 25 at a time. To get more add
&limit=100 to the end of your URL as described in their documentation.
If 100 records is not enough, you can loop through Etsy’s paginated records using the following settings:
- API Request URL: enter your request as usual, including &limit=100
- Pagination type: offset-limit
- Offset parameter: offset
- Limit parameter: limit
- Limit value: 100
- Number of pages: enter the number of pages you’d like to fetch