Search API Connector Documentation
Import Vimeo Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull video data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Connect to the Vimeo API
- Part 2: Create a Vimeo API Request URL
- Part 3: Pull Vimeo API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: More Example API URLs
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Connect to the Vimeo API
- In Google Sheets, click Extensions > API Connector > Manage Connections.
- In the list of available connections, find Vimeo and click Connect.
- You will be directed to Vimeo and asked to authorize the connection. Click Allow.
- You’ll now be returned to your Google Sheet, and can verify that your Vimeo connection is active in the Connections screen.
Part 2: Create a Vimeo API Request URL
We’ll first get some basic information about your Vimeo account.
- API root: https://api.vimeo.com
- Endpoint: /me
Putting it together, we get the full API Request URL.
Part 3: Pull Vimeo API Data into Sheets
Now let’s grab that Vimeo data!
- In API Connector, click on the Create tab and enter the Request URL we just created.
- Under OAuth, choose Vimeo from the dropdown menu. You should see a “Connected” badge.
- We don’t need any headers for this API, so just leave that section blank.
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see some information about your account populate your sheet.
You can access the full API documentation here, but if you just want to get started, you can try the following URLs (one at a time).
- Videos in your feed
- Get your followers
- Query for a string
- Get your watch history
- Video categories
- Videos in a category
- Comments on a video
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developer.vimeo.com/api/reference/