Search API Connector Documentation
Import Vimeo Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull video data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Pull Vimeo API Data into Sheets
- Part 2: More Example API URLs
- Part 3: Handle Pagination
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Pull Vimeo API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll get a list of Vimeo videos that match a string.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- When you select Vimeo from the OAuth menu, you'll see a blue Connect button if you haven't already authorized the connection. Click through to enable the connection.
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see the response data populate your sheet.
You can access the full API documentation here, but if you just want to get started, you can try the following URLs.
- Videos in your feed
- Get your followers
- Get information about yourself
- Get your watch history
- Video categories
- Videos in a category
- Comments on a video
Part 3: Handle Pagination
Vimeo limits the number of records returned in each request. By default, only 25 records will be returned unless you use the
per_page parameters as described in their documentation.
To get more records, set the
per_page parameter to 100, e.g.
https://api.vimeo.com/users?query=bluebird&per_page=100. Vimeo returns the next page of results in the API response, so if you need more than 100 records, set up pagination handling like this:
- Pagination type:
next page URL
- Next page path:
- Run until: choose when to stop fetching data
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developer.vimeo.com/api/reference/