Search API Connector Documentation
Import KuCoin Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the KuCoin API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
For this guide, we’ll be using their open market endpoints so we don’t need any API keys or other authorization. Let’s jump right in!
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Create your API Request URL
- Part 2: Pull KuCoin API Data into Sheets
- Part 3: Get More KuCoin API Data
- Part 4: Handle Pagination
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Create Your API Request URL
For our first request, we’ll get current data for all the trading pairs in the market .
- API Base URL: https://api.kucoin.com
- Endpoint: /api/v1/market/allTickers
Putting it together, we get the full API Request URL:
Part 2: Pull KuCoin Data into Google Sheets
We can now enter that URL into API Connector.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open.
- In the Create screen, enter the Request URL we just created
- We don’t need OAuth authentication so just leave that set to None. We don’t need to enter any headers either so just skip that section.
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A minute or two later you’ll see a list of trading pairs and related stats populate your sheet:
Part 3: More Example API Requests
You can check the documentation for the full set of endpoints and parameters, but if you just want to check it out, try the following examples:
- Get a list of symbols
- Get a specific trading pair
- Get 24 hr stats
Part 4: Handle Pagination
Note that the Kucoin API limits the number of records returned in each request. By default, only 100 records will be returned unless you use the
currentPage parameter as shown in their documentation.
With API Connector, you can set up pagination handling to cycle through pages automatically, like this:
- API URL: enter your request URL
- Pagination: page parameter
- Page parameter: currentPage
- Run until: choose when to stop fetching data
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://docs.kucoin.com/#market-data