Search API Connector Documentation
Import AdRoll Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull AdRoll data data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Connect to the AdRoll API
- Part 2: Pull Data from AdRoll to Sheets
- Part 3: Create a Custom Request
- Part 4: Fetch and Append New Data
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Connect to the AdRoll API
The easiest way to get started with the AdRoll API is through API Connector’s built-in integration.
- Select AdRoll from the drop-down list of applications
- Under Authorization, click Connect to AdRoll
- You be asked to authorize the connection. Click Authorize.
- You'll then be returned to your Google Sheet, and can verify that your AdRoll connection is active.
Now that we’re connected, let’s pull some data into Sheets.
- Select the
/report/adendpoint, , which allows us to retrieve available analytics reports from AdRoll
- In the
data_formatparameter, choose your report type. You can choose to break down your report by date, by entity (ad), or view a summary report.
- Optionally select a reporting time period using the
- Choose a destination sheet, name your request, and hit Run. You will see your report in your sheet.
Part 3: Create a Custom Request
Alternatively, you can run your own custom requests instead of using API Connector’s pre-built integration, using any of the API URLs shown in the API documentation. To create a custom request, add your complete URL into the Request URL field, and choose AdRoll from the OAuth menu.
To easily convert from a preset request to a custom API URL, tick the Add request URL box before running your preset request (under Output options). This will print out your complete API URL, which you can then copy/paste into the request URL field.
Part 4: Fetch and Append New Data
Rather than retrieving the entire data set each time you run your request, you can set your request to fetch new data only. There are a few approaches you could take; here’s one:
- For this example, we’ll create a custom request. As mentioned above, if you're starting from a preset request you can convert it into a custom request by ticking the Add Request URL box.
- Run an initial request like
- Use the field editor to select just the fields you want and assign them to specific columns in your report.
- Create a new sheet called Inputs that contains date functions in the mm-dd-yyyy format required by AdRoll, e.g.
=text(B2,"mm-dd-yyyy"). (Use Sheets functions to dynamically get the time slice you need, e.g. here’s how to dynamically pull in the last day of the month).
- Switch your request to Append mode and reference those dynamic date cells in your request URL like this:
- This will ensure that each request only retrieves data from within the bounds of your dynamically updated dates, and append mode will add that new data to the end of your existing dataset.
- Set your request to run on a schedule. You won’t need to update your request again.
Part 5: API Documentation
Official documentation: https://apidocs.nextroll.com/crud-api/reference.html