Import AdRoll Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull AdRoll data data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets. The AdRoll API supports authentication via OAuth2, so we’ll be connecting using API Connector’s built-in OAuth2 integration for AdRoll (this is a paid feature, please install API Connector for a free trial or upgrade to access).
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Connect to the AdRoll API
- Part 2: Create your AdRoll API Request URL
- Part 3: Pull AdRoll API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: More Example API URLs
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
PART 1: CONNECT TO THE ADROLL API
- Open up Google Sheets and click Add-ons > API Connector > Manage Connections.
- In the list of available connections, find AdRoll and click Connect.
- You be asked to authorize the connection. Click Authorize.
- You’ll then be returned to your Google Sheet, and can verify that your AdRoll connection is active in the Connections screen.
PART 2: CREATE YOUR ADROLL API REQUEST URL
For our first request, we’ll get some basic information about your AdRoll account.
- API root: https://services.adroll.com
- Endpoint: /api/v1/organization/get
Putting it all together, we get the full API Request URL.
Now let’s add our URL into API Connector and import AdRoll data into Google Sheets.
- In API Connector, click Create, and paste in the Request URL we created above.
- Under OAuth, choose AdRoll from the dropdown menu.
- We don’t need any headers so just leave that section as is.
- Create a new tab and click ‘Set current’ to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see some information about your organization populate your sheet.
Now that we’ve got the basic connection down, let’s get some more interesting data. Try the following URLs (one at a time).
- Get ad performance broken down by ad name
- Get summary account performance
- Get ad perfomance broken down by day
To see more API endpoints and example responses, I suggest checking out out the CRUD API documentation located at https://apidocs.nextroll.com/crud-api/reference.html