Search API Connector Documentation
Import Google Classroom Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull Google Classroom API data data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Pull Google Classroom API Data into Sheets
- Part 2: More Example API Requests
- Part 3: Handle Pagination
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Pull Google Classroom API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll pull in a list of the courses you have access to.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- When you select Google Classroom from the OAuth menu, you'll see a blue Connect button if you haven't already authorized the connection. Click through to enable.
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see a list of your courses populate your sheet.
Part 2: More Example API Requests
For the full set of endpoints check the API documentation here. If you want to get an idea how it works, you can also check these examples:
- List course announcements (get your courseId value from the previous request):
- List class coursework
Part 3: Handle Pagination
By default, Google will limit records to 30 unless the
pageSize parameter is used.
To cycle through additional pages of data, set up pagination handling like this:
- Next token parameter:
- Next token path:
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developers.google.com/classroom/reference/rest