Search API Connector Documentation
Import GoHighLevel Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the GoHighLevel API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on.
We'll first get an API key from GoHighLevel, and then set up a request to pull in metrics to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get your GoHighLevel API Token
- Part 2: Pull GoHighLevel API Data into Sheets
- Part 3: More Example API URLs
- Part 4: Handle Pagination
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your GoHighLevel API Token
- Log in to GoHighLevel and click Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down the page and you'll see that an API token has been automatically created for you. Click to copy it to your clipboard. Congrats, you can now access the GoHighLevel API!
Part 2: Pull GoHighLevel API Data into Sheets
For this example, we'll fetch contacts. Where it says your_token, substitute in the token you got from your company settings page.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see your contacts populate your Google Sheet.
Part 3: More Example API URLs
You can check the documentation for the full list of available API requests, but if you just want to jump in, you can play around with the URLs you enter in the API URL path field.
Part 4: Handle Pagination
- Note GoHighLevel's limits on the number of records returned on a response. By default, only 20 records will be returned unless you use the
startAfterIdparameters as described in their documentation.
- With API Connector you can either run these request URLs manually or loop through them automatically with cursor pagination handling (paid feature), like this:
- API URL: enter your request URL, including limit=100
- Pagination type:
next page URL
- Next page path:
- Run until: choose when to stop fetching data
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developers.gohighlevel.com/#intro