Search API Connector Documentation
Import Coinmap Data to Google Sheets
This guide will get you started with pulling Coinmap data from their API via the API Connector Add-on for Google Sheets.
Coinmap is an interesting service that keeps track of crypto ATMs and vendors across the world. You don't need to create an account to pull data, so let's jump right in!
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Pull Data from Coinmap into Sheets
- Part 2: Create a Custom Request
- Part 3: Handle Coinmap Timestamps
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Pull Data from Coinmap into Sheets
The easiest way to get started with the Coinmap API is through API Connector’s built-in integration.
- In Sheets, open API Connector and create a new request (Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request)
- Select Coinmap from the drop-down list of applications
- Select an endpoint. These endpoints are all open so you don’t need an API key. For this example we’ll choose the
/venuesendpoint, which lists venues that accept crypto.
- You'll see associated parameters listed underneath. These are optional, but for this example let's filter the data by category =
- Choose a destination sheet, name your request, and hit Run. A moment later you’ll see the response data in your sheet.
Part 2: Create a Custom Request
Alternatively, you can run your own custom requests instead of using API Connector’s pre-built integration, using any of the API URLs shown in the API documentation. Here's an example request setup:
- Request URL:
Part 3: Handle Coinmap Timestamps
Coinmap's "created_on" column contains time values that are in a format known as Unix Epoch Time. You can convert this to human-readable time by entering the following formula into the neighboring cell:
=F2/86400+date(1970,1,1). After entering the formula, you can double click the small blue box in the bottom-right corner of the cell to apply that formula to the entire column.
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://coinmap.org/api/