Search API Connector Documentation
Import Data Golf Data into Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Data Golf API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
We'll first get an API key from Data Golf, and then set up a request to pull in golf data to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Data Golf API Key
- Part 2: Pull Data Golf API Data into Sheets
- Part 3: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your Data Golf API Key
- To get an API key, you'll first need to subscribe to Data Golf's Scratch Plus plan (info)
- Once you're subscribed, navigate to https://datagolf.com/api-access. You should see your API key at the top of the page. That's it, you have access to the API.
Part 2: Pull Data Golf API Data into Sheets
The Data Golf API provides endpoints for general use, model predictions, betting tools, historical data, historical odds, and historical DFS data. For this example, we'll make a request to the
/betting-tools/matchups endpoint (see all endpoints in the documentation)
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request.
- In the request form enter the following:
- Request URL:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see golf data populate your sheet.
Part 3: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://datagolf.com/api-access