Search API Connector Documentation
Import Google Analytics Management Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Google Analytics Management API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets. The Google Analytics Management API enables programmatic access to Google Analytics configuration data, such as lists of all the accounts, properties, and views that you have access to.
Note: this API returns data for UA properties and views only. To fetch GA4 properties, see here.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Connect to the Google Analytics Management API
- Part 2: Pull Data from the Google Analytics Management API into Sheets
- Part 3: Create a Custom Request
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Connect to the Google Analytics Management API
The easiest way to get started with the Google Analytics Management API is through API Connector’s built-in integration.
- In Sheets, open API Connector and create a new request (Extensions > API Connector > Open > Create request)
- Select Google Analytics (UA) from the drop-down list of applications
- Under Authorization, click Connect to Google Analytics (UA)
- You will be asked to allow API Connector to view your Google Analytics data. Click Allow.
- You’ll then be returned to your Google Sheet, and can verify that your Google Analytics connection is active.
Part 2: Pull Data from the Google Management API into Sheets
Now that we’re connected, let’s pull some data into Sheets.
- Under Endpoint, choose the
/management/accountSummariesendpoint to list your available GA accounts, properties, and views
- There are no required request parameters. You can optionally set the
max-resultsparameter to limit the number of records to retrieve.
- Select a destination sheet, name your request, and click Run.
Part 3: Create a Custom Request
Alternatively, you can run your own custom requests instead of using API Connector’s pre-built integration, using any of the endpoint and parameters shown in the API documentation. Here's an example request setup:
- Request URL:
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/mgmtReference