Import Google Calendar Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull Google Calendar API data data directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Connect to the Google Calendar API
- Part 2: Create your Google Calendar API Request
- Part 3: Pull Google Calendar API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: More Example API Requests
- Part 5: Technical Notes
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Connect to the Google Calendar API
- Open up Google Sheets and click Add-ons > API Connector > Manage Connections.
- In the list of available connections, find “Google Calendar” and click Connect.
- You will be directed to google.com and asked to allow API Connector to access your calendars. Click Allow.
- You’ll then be returned to your Google Sheet, and can verify that your Google Calendar connection is active in the Connections screen.
Part 2: Create Your Google Calendar API Request URL
We’ll first pull in a list of the calendars you have access to.
- API root: https://www.googleapis.com
- Endpoint: /calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList
Putting it together, we get the full API Request URL:
Part 3: Pull Google Calendar API Data into Sheets
Now let’s grab that data.
- In API Connector, click Create, choose GET from the dropdown menu, and paste in the Request URL we created above.
- We don’t need any headers so just leave that section blank.
- Choose ‘Google Calendar’ from the authentication dropdown.
- Create a new tab and click ‘Set current’ to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see a list of your calendars populate your sheet.
Part 4: More Example API URLs
To see the full list of available endpoints, please check the official documentation. You can also try the following:
Note: For this request, open Output Options and choose ‘compact’ or ‘grid’ style for your report (the default ‘single row’ style will print your events into separate columns instead of separate rows).
This integration connects the Google Calendar API to Google Sheets. It enables the following scopes:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly : See and download any calendar you can access using your Google Calendar
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.events.readonly : View events on all your calendars
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.settings.readonly : View your Calendar settings