Search API Connector Documentation
Import EventTemple Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the EventTemple API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
We’ll first get an API key from EventTemple, and then set up a request to pull in data to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get EventTemple API Key
- Part 2: Create your API Request URL
- Part 3: Pull EventTemple API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: More Example API URLs
- Part 5: Handle Pagination
- Part 6: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Get Your EventTemple API Key
- Sign in to EventTemple and navigate to Settings > Integrations > API (or click here: https://app.eventtemple.com/settings/integrations/api)
- Click New API Token
- A new token will be generated for you, copy it to your clipboard.
- We also need your Organization ID. Get this from your current organization settings, at the top of the page, or from your organization list.
- Once you have your API token and Organization ID, you’re all set! You can now connect to EventTemple’s API.
Part 2: Create Your API Request URL
We’ll first pull a list of your events.
- Base URL: https://api.eventtemple.com
- Endpoint: /v2/events
Putting it all together, we get the full API Request URL:
Part 3: Pull EventTemple API Data into Sheets
We can now enter that URL into API Connector.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open.
- In the Create Request tab, enter the Request URL we just created
- We don’t need extra authentication so just leave OAuth as None.
- Under Headers, enter 2 sets of key-value pairs:
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see EventTemple data populate your sheet.
Part 4: More Example API URLs
Part 5: Handle Pagination
- EventTemple limits the number of records returned on a response. By default, not all records will be returned unless you page through data as shown in their documentation.
- With API Connector you can loop through these URLs automatically with pagination handling (paid feature), like this:
- API URL: enter your request URL as usual, including page[size]=100
- Pagination type:
- Page parameter:
- Run until: choose when the request should stop running.
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://eventtemple.github.io/api-docs/#introduction