Search API Connector Documentation
Import Etsy Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the Etsy API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets. We’ll first get an API keystring from Etsy, and then set up a request to pull in product data from Etsy to your spreadsheet.
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Get Etsy API Keystring
- Part 2: Create your API Request URL
- Part 3: Pull Etsy API Data into Sheets
- Part 4: Handle Pagination
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
PART 1: GET YOUR ETSY API KEYSTRING
- Log in to Etsy and create a developer account here: https://www.etsy.com/developers/register
- In the left-hand sidebar click Create a New App
- Fill out the information requested and click Create App.
- You should now see a page containing your Etsy Keystring. Keep this handy as you’ll need it in a moment. Congrats! You’re now ready to use the Etsy API.
PART 2: CREATE YOUR API REQUEST URL
We’ll first set up a pull to view a shop’s listings. This can be any public shop on the Etsy platform.
- Base URL: https://openapi.etsy.com
- Endpoint: /v2/shops/SHOP_NAME/listings/active
- Query string: ?api_key=YOUR_KEYSTRING
Putting it all together, we get the full API Request URL:
PART 3: PULL ETSY API DATA INTO SHEETS
Now let’s add our URL into API Connector and import Etsy data into Google Sheets.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Add-ons > API Connector > Open.
- In the Create Request tab, enter the Request URL we just created
- We don’t need any headers so just leave that section as is. We don’t need extra authentication either so just leave Authentication as None.
- Create a new tab and click ‘Set current’ to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A moment later you’ll see Etsy data populate your Google Sheet.
PART 4: HANDLE PAGINATION
By default, Etsy limits results to 25 at a time. To get more add
&limit=100 to the end of your URL as described in their documentation.
If 100 records is not enough, you can loop through Etsy’s paginated records using the following settings:
- API Request URL: enter your request as usual, including &limit=100
- Pagination type: offset-limit
- Offset parameter: offset
- Limit parameter: limit
- Limit value: 100
- Number of pages: enter the number of pages you’d like to fetch