Professional Google Analytics Setup and Code Review
This comprehensive Google Analytics Audit service will ensure that your Google Analytics tracking has been correctly implemented. It will identify and fix issues like malformed or duplicate code snippets, incorrect or superfluous data in the reports, mis-firing events, and so on.
You may already be trying to resolve tracking issues and discrepancies, or you may just want to have a thorough evaluation. A comprehensive Google Analytics audit will identify all tracking issues and fix them. This is a fundamental step to ensuring that you have credible data for making the informed decisions that ultimately drive traffic and increase conversions.
The Google Analytics Audit process involves an extremely detailed, technical, and practical 65-point audit that will ensure your data is clean and accurate.
It includes a top to bottom, sitewide audit of your Google Analytics implementation. A few of the topics that will be covered:
- Sub-domain and cross-domain issues. These can break sessions and cause traffic to be artificially overstated (and mis-attributed)
- Redirects. These can wipe out campaign tracking parameters.
- Ecommerce / enhanced ecommerce tracking. This must be validated to ensure conversion funnels and transaction details are correctly captured.
- Campaign tracking. Ensure that all marketing is tagged properly so you can accurately calculate marketing return on investment.
- Filters and views. Used improperly, filters can give you an incomplete or, worse, inaccurate view of the data.
- Query string cleanup. Clean up messy URLs to make reporting easier and avoid triggering issues with excessive data
- Goals and funnels. Make sure you’re accurately tracking important site milestones.
Google Analytics Audit Checklist
|Audit Item Description|
|☑||Ensure logical organization of accounts, properties, and views|
|☑||Review Admin settings such as default URL, session and campaign timeout, and advertising & reporting features|
|☑||Configure user ID view|
|☑||Ensure referral exclusion is correctly set up for 3rd party e-commerce carts|
|☑||Ensure Analytics is correctly linked to Google AdWords, Search Console, and other systems|
|☑||Recommend and provide implementation instructions for custom dimensions and custom metrics|
|☑||Exclude query parameters for clean URL data|
|☑||Remove all personally identifying information as required by Google’s terms of service|
|☑||Set up site search for onsite search term tracking|
|☑||Audit all existing goals for accuracy|
|☑||Configure content grouping for ease of reporting|
|☑||Set up filters to remove internal traffic|
|☑||Recommend filters for clean data, such as forcing text to lowercase|
|☑||Review and recommend improvements to channel grouping and “utm” tagging|
|☑||Review each step of e-commerce tracking to ensure a clean, accurate, and logical implementation|
|☑||Ensure all tracking uses the newest version of Google Analytics|
|☑||Run a technical audit on all tracking tags to ensure they are firing correctly|
|☑||Ensure error pages are tracked|
|☑||Ensure sites using single page app technology have Google Analytics installed correctly|
|☑||Provide recommendations for event tracking to track user interactions with all important site elements|
Pricing & Terms
The basic audit fee is $3500. The main deliverable will be a document containing the results of the audit and exact setup and tagging recommendations, which will be followed by a call to walk through it, answer any questions, and make any required additions. The audit process will typically take 1 week.
Please get in touch for a free analytics consultation and some expert advice.