Run Requests Outside the Sidebar
For convenience, you may want to run requests directly from your sheet, without opening up the main sidebar. There are 3 ways to do this:
- From Google Sheets, click Add-ons > API Connector > Refresh All Now. This will run all the requests in your sheet without opening the sidebar.
- Trigger the Refresh All Now function with a button as follows:
- Insert a button anywhere you want in your sheet (Insert > Drawing > Shape)
- Right-click your button and you’ll see a 3 dot menu appear on the side
- From that menu, choose Assign script
- Enter ‘refreshRequests’ (without the quotation marks) into the text entry field
- Now when you click your button, it will launch the Refresh All Now function.
- Use the ImportAPI custom function to run specific requests from cells in your sheet.