Search API Connector Documentation
Import CryptingUp Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the CryptingUp API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
This is a free and open API so we don’t need any API keys or other authorization. Let’s jump right in!
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Create your API Request URL
- Part 2: Pull CryptingUp API Data into Sheets
- Part 3: Get More CryptingUp API Data
- Part 4: Handle Pagination
- Part 5: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Create Your API Request URL
For our first request, we’ll get a list of assets.
- API Base URL: https://www.cryptingup.com
- Endpoint: /api/assets
- Query String: ?size=20
Putting it together, we get the full API Request URL:
Part 2: Pull CryptingUp API Data into Google Sheets
We can now enter those values into API Connector.
- Open up Google Sheets and click Extensions > API Connector > Open.
- In the Create screen, enter the Request URL we just created
- We don’t need OAuth authentication so just leave that set to None. We don’t need to enter any headers either so just skip that section.
- Create a new tab and click Set current to use that tab as your data destination.
- Name your request and click Run. A minute or two later you’ll see a list of coins and related stats populate your sheet:
Part 3: More Example API Requests
You can check the documentation for the full set of endpoints and parameters, but if you just want to check it out, try the following examples:
- Get a list of exchanges
- Get all markets
- Get asset IDs and names
Part 4: Handle Pagination
Note that the CryptingUp API limits the number of records returned in each request. By default, only 100 records will be returned unless you use the
start parameters as shown in their documentation:
With API Connector, you can set up pagination handling to cycle through pages automatically, like this:
- API URL: enter your request URL, including size=100
- Pagination: cursor
- Next token parameter: start
- Next token path: next
- Run until: choose when the request should stop running
Part 5: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://www.cryptingup.com/apidoc/