Search API Connector Documentation
Import CryptingUp Data to Google Sheets
In this guide, we’ll walk through how to pull data from the CryptingUp API directly into Google Sheets, using the API Connector add-on for Sheets.
This is a free and open API so we don't need any API keys or other authorization. Let's jump right in!
- Before You Begin
- Part 1: Pull Data from CryptingUp to Sheets
- Part 2: Create a Custom Request
- Part 3: Handle Pagination
- Part 4: API Documentation
Before You Begin
Click here to install the API Connector add-on from the Google Marketplace.
Part 1: Pull Data from CryptingUp to Sheets
The easiest way to get started with the CryptingUp API is through API Connector’s built-in integration.
- Select CryptingUp from the drop-down list of applications
- Select an endpoint. These endpoints are all open so you don’t need an API key. For this example we’ll choose the
/assetsendpoint, which gets the current market data for all supported cryptocurrencies.
- Choose a destination sheet, name your request, and hit Run. A moment later you’ll see the response data in your sheet.
Part 2: Create a Custom Request
Alternatively, you can run your own custom requests instead of using API Connector’s pre-built integration, using any of the API URLs shown in the API documentation. Here's an example request setup:
- Request URL:
Part 3: Handle Pagination
Note that the CryptingUp API limits the number of records returned in each request. By default, only 100 records will be returned unless you use the
start parameters as shown in their documentation:
With API Connector, you can set up pagination handling to cycle through pages automatically, like this:
- Pagination: cursor
- Next token parameter: start
- Next token path: next
- Run until: choose when the request should stop running
Part 4: API Documentation
Official API documentation: https://www.cryptingup.com/apidoc/